The Grand Canyon, Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
July 28th 2005
Published: July 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After a virtually sleepless night for all (who puts safety lights shining directly into motel rooms???) most of the group got up and in the car at 5am to see the sunrise. God bless Bob, the only guy to join the group (he was up anyway according to him), who drove us over to the Yavapi outlook. We began our 1 mile journey and found our own spot where we didn't have to share it with anyone. Needless to say the view and the sunrise were amazing. We sat "perched" out on a rock. Bobby had the quote of the day..."Mom , I think you may be more nervous than Aunt Nancy!" Julie sat a few feet back from the crowd so she would enjoy the view and not have a anxiety attack!

After breakfast we took another mile plus hike along the eastern rim. The colors are beautiful. The kids found a few lizards...no mountain lions were spotted! Although Julie had thoroughly instructed the group on how to ward off an attack...yes, you are supposed to act big, be loud...and if need be fight back! We all gathered (Bob's instruction) to see our last view of the Grand Canyon before we left. That is where our group photo was taken by a nice man passing by.

We left for Sedona, AZ...which was a 2 hour drive. We are travelling in 3 separate cars using walkie talkies to communicate (no cell reception...thank you Toby and Dave for the heads up!). The group kept busy by playing "Dead or Alive." We are currently in Sedona. The red rocks are gorgeous...more to follow!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th July 2005

Thanks
Enjoyed the pictures. Must have been beautiful. Couldn't get the full image. It started and then stopped. But enjoyed the pictures anyway. Have a great time. Love, Mom
5th August 2005

Interested to find out if Bob smoked any "wampum" with his new Native American friends

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb