Friends and Family


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
January 22nd 2023
Published: April 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

During our stay in Arizona we met some may wonderful people and to visit with some family. This was definitely the highlight of our time in Quartzsite. We feel we have made friends for life. We look forward to seeing you all when we return!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Patti & KarlPatti & Karl
Patti & Karl

These are friends from Ohio that are the big reason we spent 3 1/2 months in the desert. We love this couple and enjoyed the time with them at Quartzsite.
Hiking companionsHiking companions
Hiking companions

Moira, Stacey, and Patti were the ladies Lois hiked with. At times they were gone for hours. Easy to loose track of time on those desert hikes. Love these ladies!
The Church LadiesThe Church Ladies
The Church Ladies

Here are a few of the ladies Patti, Stacey, and Lois loved spending time with from First Baptist Church- Wanda (front right), Cynthia (in light blue behind Wanda) and Judy (behind Cynthia). These are 3 talented, fun, and generous women. This was taken a day we had lunch and painted at Wanda's. So Fun!
You Tube FriendsYou Tube Friends
You Tube Friends

We had followed Linda & Jamie on You Tube. They have a channel, "Roaming with Rosie". It was awesome to meet them in person while at Quartzsite and then see them when we traveled through Las Cruces.
Bob WellsBob Wells
Bob Wells

Bob Wells is an American YouTuber (Cheap RV Liviing), author, and advocate of minimalist, nomadic vandwelling. Wells founded the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, an annual gathering of van dwellers in Quartzsite, Arizona, and the Homes on Wheels Alliance, which assists needy individuals in acquiring vehicles for habitation and travel. He also starred in the 2020 movie, Nomad Land.
Desert NeighborsDesert Neighbors
Desert Neighbors

Christmas day there was a group of us that gathered for a Christmas service. Greg brought a wonderful message. Great time of fellowship.
Desert NeighborsDesert Neighbors
Desert Neighbors

More of the crew that gathered for Christmas service.
Christmas Eve CampfireChristmas Eve Campfire
Christmas Eve Campfire

Patti set up a Christmas Eve potluck and campfire with friends she and Karl had met in previous years. So fun!
Los Algodones, MexicoLos Algodones, Mexico
Los Algodones, Mexico

Stacey, Jackie, Judy, Patti, and Lois enjoyed a trip to Mexico. This was taken at the restaurant. Such a fun day! The ride there and back was filled with fun conversation. If you need someone to get a good deal on items in Mexico, take Judy!
Olivia & LukeOlivia & Luke
Olivia & Luke

In January Olivia and Luke came for a visit. We stayed in Phoenix and stayed in a hotel. We have a separate blog post on our Phoenix exploits with them.
Trip homeTrip home
Trip home

We went back to Ohio for a week. We celebrated our daughter Amanda's birthday and enjoyed time with all the family!
Desert FamilyDesert Family
Desert Family

These are the folks we spent most of the time with at Quartzsite. Tyler in the foreground. From left to right: Walt, Stacey, Patti, Karl, Mike, Lois, Moira, Chuck and of course our favorite pup, Trixie. Love these people and cannot wait to see them again!
Church folksChurch folks
Church folks

Movie night at church to watch "His Only Son", a movie about Abraham and Issaac. Good movie! There was even popcorn!
Church ServiceChurch Service
Church Service

The members of First Baptist Church were very welcoming. It is obvious that Pastor Dave loves people and teaching the Bible. Always wonderful fellowship and teaching at Sunday services.
NephewNephew
Nephew

We made a trip to Yuma to visit our nephew, William. He took us to Imperial Dam, past date farms, and showed us some of the areas for gold mining. He even sent us home with tangelos from his tree. Delicious!
CousinCousin
Cousin

We drove to San Diego for an overnight so we could see Lois's cousin Elaine, her children Mia and Ian, and of course her pup, Enzo. She took us to Old Town San Diego for lunch and strolling through the shops. The time went by too fast.
Mike & MikeMike & Mike
Mike & Mike

Mike visited a Waynesfield school friend in Phoenix, also a Mike. They had not seen each other for several decades.
Paul & JanicePaul & Janice
Paul & Janice

We met Paul and Janice at First Baptist, served the homeless with them, and had fun playing bocce ball at Quartzsite Park. Paul is Mike's accountability partner, so they talk once a week.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb