Day 6, cont.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
July 29th 2018
Published: July 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Next stop: Page, Arizona. From there we have several things to see: Upper and Lower Antelope Canyons, Monument Valley, Forrest Gump stop point, Horseshoe bend…all in a little bit more than 24h.



Since Luc and Peter had their moonshots until 1:00 and we got up before 5:00 they were both a bit sleepy so Ivica had the honor to drive further. On the way to Page, there are several scenic stops along the Little Colorado river. This picture can maybe give an impression of the depth of this gorge.



In Page we went directly to the local airport where Peter rented an SUV, in order to be able to roam dirt roads inside the Monument Valley Park. Luc was first to drive it. The RV was left on the parking.



We had a lunch in a Mexican restaurant.





We ordered 3 plates for 5 of us and we still didn’t manage to eat all of it!





There’s a two hour drive to Monument Valley. To some of us this was too exhausting.





As we were approaching the valley, a dust storm started to develop so we stopped immediately to get at least some photos before it gets worse.







The view from the Visitor center wall.







GERONIMOOOOOOOOOO





A photo-train.





It was already getting dark when we finally managed to drag Peter away from the valley. There was a tough decision to be made: do we go to the Forrest Gump point or get one hour additional rest in the bed. Guess what we decided!





We got to the airport after 23:00 and managed to get the RV on the spot inside the campground by midnight. Showering and stuff, we were in bed after 1:00.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb