We Have Arrived in Yuma


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Yuma
November 24th 2011
Published: November 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

PreScript. Dear friends, there seems to be a glich in making posts to my Travel Blog. It is adding some kind of formatting that makes the message a challenge to read. So sorry.

We spent Monday and Tuesday nights in Indio CA at the Shadow Hills RV Resort. Last Monday, we left Orange Grove RV Park after an overnight stay in Bakersfield, CA.

While in Bakersfield, we treated ourselves to dinner from Popeye’s Cajun Fried Chicken. Make mine hot and spicy. The Trail Boss (TB) opted for a fried shrimp poorboy. I had a side of dirty rice with my chicken and a buttery Popeye's biscuit.

On Wednesday, We had a tough drive through the highway construction near San Bernardino on our way to Indio. I’ve already made an adjustment to our route on Delorme’s Street Atlas to avoid that area in the future.

Tuesday afternoon, we visited with friends Jon and Lisa, who live in the area. Last year when we passed through this way, they lived in Idlewild, CA, and we visited them in their mountain top retreat.

They now live in a lovely 50'ish bungalow style home in Rancho Mirage, CA.Jon and Lisa hosted us to a delightful toddy time, before taking us out to eat at a high-shelf Mexican Restaurant.

This was our third time to see them during our past three sojourns to southern California and Arizona as snowbirds.

On Wednesday, we drove to Yuma and checked in at Country Roads Resort.We are in the same spot we spent last December, and our neighbors were very welcoming to see us back. They are disappointed that we are leaving on Dec 1 of Casa Grande, but we can enjoy the time we have together.They are Canadians and have warned us that Sunday is a big football day for them!

This trip, we have two folding 12 speed bikes.They fold in the middle to bring the front and back wheel together, and the handle bars fold down next to the wheels. The circumference of this park is two miles.Nan and I enjoyed an easy ride around the resort to get a feel for the new bikes. She has made a solo ride to deliver a bag of trash to the garbage bins on the other side of the park.

We are getting ready to enjoy our Thanksgiving meal together. Shaddy is already pestering me and has called "The Early Rule!"


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



25th November 2011

Nice!
Sounds like a fun trip as usual. I especially like the sound of those bikes. Hope to see more pictures. Happy belated Thanksgiving! Mary

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 88; dbt: 0.116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb