RV Parks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
May 7th 2010
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bright and early, we hit the trail. Before we even got to Phoenix, we started to see saguaro and an occasional bloom. The rest of the desert was still blooming. It seemed to take us forever to get through Phoenix with the road construction and the red lights. We were glad to get back on the road and on an interstate. When we go to Tucson, we used our trusty Woodall's camp guide and found what we thought would be a good RV park, after having called a couple and gotten their answering machines saying they out of their offices for the weekend. What??? We found the park, and they were closed, too! As we drove around to pick out a site, we realized there were no showers. NO SHOWERS!!!! Impossible! So we drove on to another one. This one had 1400 sites, so we thought we would see how the snowbirds live. We found out. It's not really an RV park so much as a place to park what is called a park unit and set it up permanently! There were only about 50 spots that were vacant! We were sent to one and got almost all set up in the 100 degree heat, looking forward to air conditioning. When Rich plugged us in to power, no power. NO POWER!!! Impossible. We drove back to the gate and the guy jumped in his gold cart to came and see. It appeared that there was repair work going on in that row, so the power was shut off. Would we like a new site? NO! If we had to hook up and move, we'd go somewhere else. So we did - to another 1400 space spot. The people there were VERY nice and helpful. We set up in what was more or less a parking lot with hookups, surrounded by the permanent "units". Whew! We were exhausted!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.1kb