Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
May 6th 2010
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

AntiquesAntiquesAntiques

Near Walker Lake
We left Death Valley to drive south. The highway to Las Vegas was still lined with wildflowers. As we're driving along, our check engine light comes on! Luckily, our truck has On-Star, so we found a Chevy dealership in Las Vegas on the north end. We unhitched the trailer in the parking lot and let them work on the truck. We walked across the street for lunch and to shop for groceries as long as we had PLENTY of time! Then we got in our cozy little house and read our books and took a nap. Great way to wait ! Luckily, it wasn't too hot. It turned out that the top of the line air filter Rich had installed before we left so we wouldn"t have ANY trouble on the trip, was the cause of the problem. The Chevy dealership in Las Vegas said they recommended tham and sold them, but we needed to replace it with the factory brand. so much for advance planning. After four hours, we were back on the road. Luckily, we made it through town before rush hour. We got into Kingman, Arizona and found a nice RV park. Whew!
Hew are the pictures from
Desert Five SpotDesert Five SpotDesert Five Spot

Rich's fave
Death Valley.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Death ValleyDeath Valley
Death Valley

Thinly spaced, but plentiful
Cotton-top CactusCotton-top Cactus
Cotton-top Cactus

The seeds are wrapped up in cotton!


19th May 2010

Me?.....confused? :)
Just call me "perpetualtively confused"!!!! Your first message says to please not reply to your wonderful descriptions of your travels....then.....there is this reply "box". For an add-hd kidlet, this is entirely too confusing! :) However.....I love "traveling with you" and shall continue to read your logs with enthusiasm! Am sure you will continue to enjoy your travels, and can't wait to see you when you return to a placid life! :) Happy trails to you, until we meet again....Jane M.

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb