Days Ten and Eleven (Thursday and Friday): Puerto Penasco to Tucson, Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
April 1st 2022
Published: April 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

We had a great final day in Mexico, ending it with one of the best meals I've ever had. We had dinner at the fishing port at Los MTZ, a family owned place with roots in Oaxaca...We had spotted sea bass, cooked on the grill, along with garlic shrimp and other delights...

This morning, Bill and I went to the beach where I ran and swam in the tide pools. Walter fixed a greek omelet for us and we were on our way north again....I hated to leave Mexico, but we'll be back soon, hopefully.

Puerto Penasco is known as "Arizona's beach" and the town fills up with Americans and some Mexicans every weekend. As we drove back towards the border, there was a steady stream of cars, RVs, trucks pulling dune buggies, and an occasional trailer full of furniture and bedding coming into town.

The border crossing was quick and uneventful. We did have to drive through an X-ray machine. On the USA side there was already a two mile line waiting to cross into Mexico for the weekend.

We arrived at Mary's new home in Tucson around 4:00 and got to meet her grandson Leo, who she cares for while his parents teach at U of Arizona. We were able to start charging the Tesla at her place with an extension cord. Mary fixed a delicious dinner and we caught up on each other's families...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Razor wire around a giant RV parkRazor wire around a giant RV park
Razor wire around a giant RV park

The crime rate is quite low here.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb