Our First Day in Sedona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
July 31st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cathedral RockCathedral RockCathedral Rock

Taking a walk towards Cathedral Rock
It was raining for most of the time that we were in Sedona, which we not what we had signed up for. We left a long dry period in the UK to travel to what we thought was a desert. We woke up in the morning and were dismayed to see it raining, and with just the odd gap, it carried on for the rest of the time that we were there.

We did manage to grab some time in between the showers to go for a walk. We were actually in Oak Creek, which we thought was Sedona until we discovered the rest of Sedona a few miles away. Near Oak Creek were some really nice, peaceful walks to Bell Rock and Cathedral Rock.

I started off by going for a run and discovered a path to Bell Rock. It was early in the morning as we were all still on UK time and hence awoke very early in the morning. On getting a significant way up the rock, I was taken by how peaceful it was up there and how good the view was back over Oak Creek, so I dragged the others back there later. To
Bell RockBell RockBell Rock

Bell Rock viewed from the trail from Oak Creek
park near both Bell Rock and Cathedral Rock, we needed to get a Red Rock Pass, which was only $5 and we were able to get from a nearby Circle K whilst we were stocking up with food and water.

We needed to get back to the hotel however by early evening as our friends were due to arrive from Maryland and we wanted to be there when they arrived. The bar by the pool seemed the ideal place to wait, although it was quite difficult to shelter from the rain - the mesh roof would probably have been very effective at protecting you from the sun, but it wasn’t much use against the rain.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb