Day 2 in Sedona - Jeep Tour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Just a portion of the Pink Jeep tour 187 secs
Sunday was another day filled with spectacular views of Sedona. After attending the timeshare presentation on Sunday morning we headed back towards uptown Sedona with our Jeep tour voucher in hand. We had a late lunch at Ken's Creekside where we sat outside on the patio and had good food with breathtaking views.

We then headed out for our Pink Jeep - Broken Arrow Trail tour. Our driver, Steve, was great. He told us his story of being a lawyer in Oregon and after visiting Sedona a couple of times just couldn't get it out of his head and walked into work one morning, sold out his part of his practice to his partners and headed to Sedona. He is now loving life in Sedona driving tourists around for Pink Jeep Tours. We have heard similar stories from quite a few people here.

Talk about an extreme off-road experience. There is a reason they ask if you have back problems when you schedule the tour! We also learned a lot about the area, rocks, ecology, archeology, etc. Steve told us they have to go through ~4 months of training to be a driver - that hundreds apply every year, they hire about 10 and only about 5 make it through the training. Obviously the drivers need to be able to do more than just drive off-road; they need to have outgoing personalities with the ability to share information with all types of people. The video clip I am including is just 3 minutes of our 2 hour tour - the tour was filled with moments like this. (You will see a watermark flash throughout the video for the free trial software Adam used to cut the video taken from his camera...sorry about that.)

On the way back to the resort we stopped at Airport Mesa again since it was sunset. We got there a little late and it was packed with people at the overlook and cars in the parking lot. We caught the very end of sunset...again, spectacular.

Today we are going to do a self-guided driving tour of some of the attractions we haven't seen from the air or while hanging off the edge of a rock in a Jeep. We also have a helicopter tour scheduled for this afternoon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th October 2009

Nice...
Looks great...
19th October 2009

Your trip
Lisa and Adam, I am LOVING your blog! Your trip has been amazing so far (feels like I am right there with you...lol)! I really loved the video of the jeep tour...fun, fun!!! Keep posting and continue having a great time! Pam
19th October 2009

You Go, Girl!
Wow. Amazing pictures! Lots of nervous laughter in the Pink Jeep Tour video...glad you made it down the mountain! You're quite the blogger! I feel like I'm there! Have fun :>)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb