Made it to Sedona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
October 10th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.8408, -111.776

So we left on Thursday morning for a lesurely drive to Tonapah, Nev. We went into Yosemite and up thru Tioga Pass. It was a nice drive. Then into Nevada. What a desolate place! There is nothing out there but desert brush. no trees, no animals, nothing. We arrived in Tonapah and went to our hotel, which is the Mitzpah Hotel. It was pretty cool. It was opened in 1901. It has been restored and the rooms modernized. We liked it. The first thing we did was have a drink at the Bar Mitzpah. The next morning we got up early and headed thru the rest of Nevada and into Arizona. Its much nicer there, especially th closer you get to Sedona.
We went into town for some dinner and to listen to a local band. They were great. They played all original music. They were all probably my age. They looked like the Rolling Stones look now.
The next morning we got up and headed out for some breakfast. We decided to take one of the scenic Jeep tours around the red rocks. It was pretty rough. We were bouncing all over the back of the Jeep.
We also visited the Sedona Heritage Museum. We are going to back tomorrow and finish the rest of it. It had a lot of information about the history of the area.
Tomorrow we are going to go hiking and do some looking around in town.
Its very busy here. Its Columbus Day weekend and everything is packed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



11th October 2015

Looks like fun! Wish I was there!
11th October 2015

Very nice picture. Pretty area.
12th October 2015

I have to say, there's one thing I never thought I'd ever see - Bob riding around in a pink jeep!
12th October 2015

Sedona is one of my favorite areas. I love the red rocks and the clear water in all the streams. Enjoy...
12th October 2015

Love that hat, Stacey!! Great picture.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb