We're Back! 31 Days and Counting- Aleutian Islands, Asia and Southeast Asia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody, it's time for another big trip! How does three months wandering from the Aleutian Islands to the mysterious East, at least it's mysterious to us as we've never been there. Our travels will take us to Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. We've been crazy with lists of things to do from Hep A shots and typhoid pills to where to store the car ;-) Trying to read through the directions for applying for Visas to packing as minimally as possible but still have everything we need.



I'm continually on the search for the "perfect" bag and we just may have found it. It's a 22" carry on by Go Lite. We've trial packed it and I think it will be great. The blue/green rolling bag along with the over the shoulder red one should do it. This way we don't have to check or wait for bags anywhere and we're pretty self sufficient. Okay, I know some of you are already asking how can that be it for 3 months? Well, before we take off, in another blog, I'll share the inner secrets of what's in the bag ;-)

Well start on September 19 with a cruise from Seattle to Hong Kong, then in Hong Kong on our own for 8 days. Next is a short flight up to Beijing to meet up with some folks and head to Xian, Yching, the Yangtze River and Wuhan. Then back to Beijing and over to the coast to jump on the Sapphire Princess and head to ports south eventually ending up in Singapore.

As the first part of December rolls around we'll board Delta for Tokyo and back to Los Angeles!



Come on along. Sign up to follow along

Advertisement



19th August 2014

Asia trip
You guys are gonna have a blast! It's going to be super hot, so it's a good thing you guys are traveling light! Be safe -- and remember -- NEVER look at a person selling stuff on the street in their eyes!!! You will rue the day, trust me!
19th September 2014

Change of underware
I couldn't help but notice you have a small bag for nearly two months of adventure. Something I learned in boy scouts that might help. Cope, when it's time for a change of underwear, just swap with Jean. Change is good! Safe travels; looking forward to your photo collection!
19th September 2014

Great Idea!
We will keep this in mind!!!! LOL!!!!!

Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb