Phoenix


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
December 4th 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

12/1/2006 11:35 PM

We went directly to the club in Phoenix, or at least that was our intention. We GPS’ed the club location but ended up in a strip mall parking lot next to a Michaels store and a nail salon. Martin called the promoter and asked directions. It turned out that it was about a mile south of where we were. As soon as we pulled in we started to unload the bus. Somehow we got the second spot of the evening with a local band between us and Attrition. As we waited for a sound check I decided to go to the Middle Eastern restaurant next door for a cup of coffee which someone who was waiting to see the third band, bought for me.

The restaurant was full of hookahs and filled with pillows and low tables. I sat at the bar and talked with the couple from the show and a belly dancer that wasn’t working as the place was slow.

The show was all ages so the bar was taped off in a rather unusual way that kept all legal people close to the bar quite a distance from the stage. It actually made it a little difficult for people to get to the merch table.

After sound check the promoter bought us diner at the Middle Eastern restaurant. The food was the best restaurant food we’ve had so far. I think this was the best collection of bands of the tour thus far as well.

After the show we were given the address of the hotel. Again we GPS’ed its location and found that it, too, was about a mile away from where it was supposed to be. We did eventually find it after quite a bit of driving around. Checkout was at noon but Martin was hungry and found that there was a vegetarian Indian place next door so Martin, Edward, and I stepped in and caught the lunch buffet while Brian and Laurie finished getting ready. On our way out we asked the manager about oil. He said he would have to call the owner. He returned a few minutes later and said that it would be fine.

The dumpster was full and Brian had re-sealed the new filter and it worked well. We were able to grab quite a bit of oil before it was time
Brian...Brian...Brian...

Blurry Laurie, Blurry Christoph
to leave for LA. Right now we are sitting in a rest area drinking beer and listening to Joy Division. Tomorrow we are going to make a stop in the Joshua Tree National Forest and look around for a bit before we continue on.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

LaurieLaurie
Laurie

Magenta
LaurieLaurie
Laurie

and violin
BrianBrian
Brian

and Bass
MartinMartin
Martin

playing with fire on stage
Martin and IMartin and I
Martin and I

watching Brian collect oil
Brian and IBrian and I
Brian and I

watching the tank fill
Me and MartinMe and Martin
Me and Martin

not sure what I was talking about but I'm sure I wasn't pissed off even though it kind of looks like I am
Martin Martin
Martin

crashed out
Martin  and EdwardMartin  and Edward
Martin and Edward

killing time
OrangesOranges
Oranges

hanging around


4th December 2006

The new collection system
So how much oil did you grab and how long did it take? Christoph I just wanted to say thanks for taking us all along for the ride....

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb