Roadtrip SW USA: Hitting the Jackpot...Photography Tour of Antelope Canyon


Advertisement
North America » United States » Arizona » Page
April 11th 2015
Published: April 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Roadtrip SW USA: Hitting the Jackpot...Photography Tour of Antelope Canyon. I like to say it how it is. You can do tours...join the gaggle of geese that whoosh in and out of there...or pay a bit more for a Photography Tour...and get your moneys worth...good and proper. If you win a lottery and say "No thanks" (see last blog)...you gotta make up for it with something truly spectacular. As you w... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




11th April 2015

Whoa!
You on a Photography Tour with your monopad? You guys never fail to amaze me! I should bring my nephew here. Wow, stunning photography. And with a monopad?
11th April 2015

Whoa!
How do I let you down gently here Lili? Appreciate you liked the pics and hope you still like them when you know I took them with the camera that I took all those portraits of your family. A monopod is a one-legged tripod...not a type of ipad!!! Denise is the iphone junkie...took all those amazing shots of our trip with her iphone that she posted on Facebook. She had the smaller camera in Antelope Canyon but kept on bringing out her iphone...talk about embarrassing. The others had camera gear like your nephew Rookie...but I don't think his photo studio would fit on my monopad!
11th April 2015

i-phone camera -vs- tripod & SLR's
Well my battery ran out half through the photographers tour & I ended up using my iPhone & man did I get some great shots, in fact Lammie our guide used my iPhone to show the photographers the best shot to take heheheh! 'Tho I will admit to feeling awkward pulling out my iPhone when in the company of these huge bulky on-steroid looking cameras.
11th April 2015

i-phone camera -vs- tripod & SLR's
Come on Denise...this is not the forum to boast about the fab pictures you score on your iphone. Just 'cause Lammy took a pic with your iphone and went around to everyone showing them that was the image he wanted us try to get!!! I won't tell the TBers that your battery ran out 'cos you had it on continuous instead of single shot. Any excuse to pull out your iphone I reckon!!!
11th April 2015

The adventure continues...
It's a gift when you can walk away from winning a lottery and create another adventure that is just as amazing. Great insight into the optimism you have for life. Your pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I smiled as I imagined you in the Dodge Durrango cruising through the Arizona desert on route to your next adventure.
11th April 2015

The adventure continues...with optimism
Great comments Sean & Erin. Optimism is the secret of travel I reckon...hand in hand with friendliness...opens many doors...a necessity for serendipity that is our travel companion. And the Dodge Durrango...hard to admit but Denise never let me drive it. I didn't mind...much. My job is to take the photos and change the music,,,someone's gotta do it!
11th April 2015

Beauty
I've been wanting to go here for a couple of years now, glad to know about the photography tour- we will definitely be booking it when we finally get there!
11th April 2015

Beauty
Thanks Cheryl. Keep tuned as the best is to come. Been enjoying your trip vicariously through Turkey. Have a blast!
11th April 2015

Ridiculously great pic!
Dangerous Dave here.....as I recall, you didn't say much about the photo op in Antelope Canyon. Now I know why. No way to describe the colors and shadows that help create great pics like yours!
11th April 2015

Ridiculously great pic!
Thanks Dangerous One. Really pleasing my pics are appreciated. You are right...they are really just colours and shadows. Some as small detail...others as expanse. I didn't know whether they'd be interesting at all as it's impossible to capture the true effect unless you are there. I reckon without my monopod or a tripod they would not be as clear as the light and shadows are so varied. All told it was great fun for the Dancing Ones as most of our group were professionals!
12th April 2015

Love the place....love the blog!
We were not there on a photography tour....no monopod yet...but quiet day it was... this place must be one of my favorite spot on earth...
12th April 2015

Love the place....love the blog!
Delighted to hear from our evergreen traveller, Peter. Many TBers have been here but every visit I am sure results in different colours and shadows on the brilliant textures on show. I can understand why it is a favourite place.
28th September 2015

Lovely !
I was just wondering as to what will happen if you visit Petra !
28th September 2015

Lovely !
Thanks Bharat. To visit Petra is a dream I hope one day will come true. I can only dream of the thrill when I finally make it there!
14th June 2019

I visited Page and the canyon. I have very good friends over there, in the USA with whom I traveled the area. Amazing place. Must do at least once in your life.
17th June 2019

Page & Antelope Canyon
Nice to hear from you again Grace. Hope you are enjoying life. We found Utah & Arizona with snow on the desert an area that we would return to in a heartbeat. We'd like to further explore that area.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 19; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb