WILD WEEKEND Not So Wild


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Meadview
April 3rd 2016
Published: April 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

April 1: April fools day. I considered telling Jan that a tarantula was crawling up my arm when I first woke up, but then I decided that was NOT a good idea! We went out for breakfast at the Canyon Cafe. Then Jan went to the art show. Jan had a good day. She sold a number of postcards and three 8x12 prints to visitors from the state of Wyoming. Jim and I went to visit Lewis. Lewis is feeling quite a bit better but not at his best yet. Jim took us out for Fish Friday at the Canyon Cafe. It was good. We met a prospector from Idaho at the restaurant. He showed us some gold. Went home and sat outside until well after dark. The stars hung in the sky like jewels. Went to bed just after nine pm.



April 2: Had a really good sleep. Was up at 6:30 am. I dug up a few cacti out of the ground and had bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast at home. Then Jim and I went out for coffee after dropping Jan off at the Art Show. I mailed off a postcard for Kathryn's birthday. We went to Chloride for a drive. We visited Lewis and did laundry. Jan was done at 4:00 pm. She had a good day selling postcards and orders for prints to customers from Nevada and Arizona. She got lots of compliments for her work. We had sweet and sour meatballs and rice at Jim's request. He still remembered Jan's style of meatballs from visiting us six years ago. We sat outside until nine pm. I played guitar and Jan and Jim sang gospel songs. Jan and I talked until 10:30 pm in bed.



April 3: Had a really good sleep. A lazy start to the day. Up at 7:30 am, coffee at 8:00 am. Planning our day as a local day. We hope to find wild horses up Tipton Wilderness Reserve. Had bacon and French toast for breakfast. After noon we drove up Tipton mountain, up some very rough roads. To the wilderness reserve. We walked on a trail for quite a ways but we did not see any wild horses. It was warm and sunny 25 C (79 F). We came back to town around 2 pm and went for a salad at the restaurant. Picked up some food at the grocery store and went home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb