Photo Shoots Galore


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Kingman
April 6th 2016
Published: April 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

April 4:

We got up at our usual time. Jim and I went on a one mile walk before breakfast. I made a list of building materials that I needed and picked up Lewis to go to Kingman after breakfast. It was a busy day. Fueled up the truck, went to the Wells Fargo bank, then to Walmart and Home Depot for lumber. We met up with Jim's friends, Merle and Jean at Rutherford Restaurant for a late lunch (2:30 pm). Merle was driving his new car. A1951 Ford Fairlane. When we were done we came back to Dolan Springs, and sat outside until 8:30 pm then went to bed.



April 5:

We were up at 6 am to do a photo shoot of abandoned boats on the desert. Then I organized to build a shelter for the compost toilet and generator. Had another nice breakfast. It got too hot to work 82 F (27 C) by 10 am. We went to Chloride to see the murals in the canyon. Another rough road, but it was worth it. At least the murals didn't run off and hide like the wild horses did hahaha. We walked around the semi ghost town and took lots of photos. We had lunch at Yesterday's restaurant and then came back to Dolan Springs and picked up a few things at the grocery store. Came home and worked a bit more on the shelter. Had worked on it in the morning too. Sat around outside and talked until 8:30 pm and then went to bed.

April 6:

Slept until after 7 pm. I worked on the shelter until coffee time. Had coffee then met up with Lewis at 9:00 am and went to Rosie's Den for breakfast. We went into White Hills to an old building (Golden Horseshoe Rancho Headquarters). We did a big photo shoot with pistols and cowboy attire. We came back to Lewis' place and did a Harley Davidson Motorbike photo shoot with pistols as well. It was an awesome day. It was nice to see Lewis feel so much better. We came back to town to Canyon Café for spaghetti for Jim, and burger and fries for Jan and I. We picked up water, ice and food for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb