Sandstorm In The Desert


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Meadview
March 29th 2016
Published: March 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dust Storm Day

We went to bed at 9:00 pm last night, and had a cozy restful sleep in the tiny adobe. The solar lights were completely dead and so we had no lights except for a flaslight. Was awake at 5:30 am to the cooing of Gamble Quail and a donkey baying a couple of streets over. Had sausage and eggs and toast for breakfast and coffee. COFFEE WAS INTERESTING . We had no coffee mugs… no decafe coffee … except for coffee maker pouches. Well, they always say to improvise, so… decided to boil a pouch of that in a pot of water.. That leaked out so had to strain it. Then… we drank it out of water bottles. Mid morning we headed to Kingman to Walmart and Home depot. We bought 2 mugs and some instant decafe coffee . All set for tomorrow morning now. Went to Wells Fargo Bank and deposited some USA money. After going to Walmart, it was off to Home Depot for building materials. I need a roof on part of the adobe. (The room we sleep in has a roof but not the other room.) I took the back way home, rather than the 4 lane highway. It’s more scenic, less traffic, and I was hauling materials. It has been windy today. High winds and it has been raising quite a sand storm. It is in fact causing Internet not to work. We arrived home at 1:40 pm, unloaded the materials, had lunch and laid down for about half an hour. That’s all there is to our first full day at the desert adobe.

So this blog is a day late. Sorry all you folks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb