A hard rain is gonna fall


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Grand Canyon
July 28th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It had to happen sometime, but it picked a lousy day to do it!

Got up early again, had an alfresco breakfast and set off north for the Grand canyon. Around 40 miles north of Williams the sky turned black and we pulled in to put the waterproofs on. (good job I packed them ) The sky up ahead looked even worse, you couldn't see the car in front, let alone a massive canyon! This scuppored the plans to go further north through monument valley. (No one wants a picture ofthere, with a grey sky)

At 10,000 feet up the weather became impossible to ride in so heading back south, I pulled in to a forrest park for some shelter, and then powered back to Flagstaff.

Here we had a hotdog with slaw and chilli! While we dried off and planned the next step.

Sedona was the answer! further south and at a much lower altidude . The weather got hotter the further down Oak Creek Canyon we rode. All twists and turns, made me realise the bike actually has handlebars and they work! Most of the roads have been pretty straight, see for miles type! I'd normally set the bike in an easterly direction and hit cruise control! (I know on a bike!!) Speaking of the bike, it has lots of toys on it like radio/cd player with ipod hookup and stereo speakers. However, this will give you the best laugh! When I picked up the bike from L.A, the guy was showing me some of the cool features. Anyway, I see this button called AC and just assumed it was air con!

California sunshine! Boils the heed I tell you!

Anyhow, Sedona was beautiful ,with those wonderful Arizona red canyons surrounding it. We stayed a short while then galloped on to Gallup (where Dylan said he came from.) We went via a massive meteor crator, then on to Winslow, where yes, we stood on the corner!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb