The Grand Old Canyon


Advertisement
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

Check out the Snow!!!

Does it snow at the Grand Canyon?



After Vegas we drove through the Nevada desert out in to Arizona, towards the Grand Canyon. Again we stopped in some tiny Redneck style towns along the way called Kingston and Williams. The food is cheaper here and you get the BIG portions that you keep hearing are so famous in America. The people are friendly, but i wouldn't join their baby sitting circle!!

After many an hour behind the wheel we arrived at the Canyon! IT WAS SNOWING!!!! The views, as you can imagine, were fantastic!! The snow provided great pictures, and gave the Canyon a unique quality (it doesn't snow much in the Arizona desert, you see)..

As we had a car we were able to drive all around the Canyon, which was cool as day trip tourists cannot do it!! Although it was a good experience to stay in small rural villages, and see amazing views of the Canyon...i can't help but feel that it is just a big hole in the ground!! It makes you feel like an ant in a quarry, and that our 'existance is irrelavent in the scheme of things'...so for that i suppose it is worth it!!!!

Now off to Lake Havasu, Palm Springs and Los Angeles...

Lots of Love

Nick & Ally

xxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The snow menThe snow men
The snow men

Check out the snow men!!
A view from a lookout towerA view from a lookout tower
A view from a lookout tower

..with the Colerado river..


12th April 2006

G'day from Oz
Sure wish I was there with you guys! Love that "hole in the ground"!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb