Grand Canyon and New Mexico


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we got bagels in Sedona and headed to the Grand Canyon. There aren't really words to describe how beautiful it was...only pictures can begin to describe it. We couldn't believe how large it was, and how it seemed to come out of nowhere. Since we were coming from the South, we were driving through valleys for awhile, wondering how a giant canyon was going to magically appear. We entered the park and still nothing. Finally, we caught a glimpse of it on our right and couldn't believe it! We stopped at three different views, where at one view, we could see the beautiful bright green Colorado River.

After that, we headed to New Mexico. Lots of driving, and lots of fog, and when 10:30 hit, we decided we were done and stopped off in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which also seemed to come out of nowhere. There were so many mountains, trees, mountains, trees, fog, mountains, trees, fog and all of a sudden we came over a hill and saw tons of lights. It felt so late at that point we were so excited to find a hotel and call it a day.

Tomorrow we continue our route to Austin, Texas, probably ending the day two hours out of Austin. The next day, we'll head to Austin and spend the day and evening there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Andy Trying to Keep His Eyes OpenAndy Trying to Keep His Eyes Open
Andy Trying to Keep His Eyes Open

It was so bright because of the snow!
Andy With His Beef JerkyAndy With His Beef Jerky
Andy With His Beef Jerky

Also a good illustration of the surfboard placement!


7th January 2009

Snow!
Beautiful photos of the snow at the Grand Canyon, thanks for sharing. If you want to have dinner at a movie theater in Austin, try an Alamo Drafthouse - they serve your food while you watch the show!
9th January 2009

Beef jerky shot of Andrew plus the surfboard=classic! I love the big GC and so glad you two enjoyed it too. I've never seen it with snow though. Austin is a lot of fun-looking forward to the recap ;)

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb