A Really "Grand" Canyon


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Grand Canyon at SunsetGrand Canyon at SunsetGrand Canyon at Sunset

Beautiful colors of Grand Canyon
We drove down to South Rim of Grand Canyon in Arizona on 30th Dec. It is a 4.5 hours drive from Las Vegas.

We reached there by 2 pm. We drove around to different beautiful overlooks on the rim. Grand Canyon is really beautiful! During winter, there was a blend of white in the canyons. We could see a beautiful sunset from Mohave Point at the rim. It is accessible through Hermit Road which is open to public vehicles during Dec 1 - Feb 28! Rest of the time, you will have to take a shuttle to get there. The sunset brings out various colors of Grand Canyon! Something you should not miss!

Another attraction you should not miss is the IMAX presentation about Grand Canyon at the nearby National Geographic Visitors Center. This IMAX presentation takes you to early discovery of the Grand Canyon and talks a little bit about the natives who lived here.

We stayed at a Quality Inn motel just next to the IMAX theater outside the national park. Next morning, we left early as we had to reach Las Vegas before the strip is blocked for vehicles!


Some Useful Information:
Grand Canyon and SnowGrand Canyon and SnowGrand Canyon and Snow

Winter at Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon National Park
National Geographic Visitors Center



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Colorado RiverColorado River
Colorado River

Colorado river at Grand Canyon


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb