Flagstaff, AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Flagstaff
August 23rd 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Colorado RiverColorado RiverColorado River

California/Arizona state line
Set the alarm for 6:30 am. Got up, had coffee, OJ and yes waffles. We took showers, packed up and hit the road. Driving the 40 E towards Flagstaff. It's mostly desert. The most exciting part is crossing the Colorado in Needles, CA into AZ.

Just listening to tunes, singing along at times, making a grocery list. We stopped in Kingman

We arrived at Dairy Springs Campground about 4pm. Its 20 miles southeast of Flagstaff. You take Lake Mary Road, which is so pretty. It goes along Lake Mary, past meadows, pine trees and beautiful yellow wild flowers. The town of Flagstaff is crowded with college students. School must be starting on Monday at Northern Arizona University.

It’s nice to see Larry and Henna. They have picked out a beautiful campsite. It sits amongst tall pines, very secluded. We join them in their RV for some wine, beer, cheese and crackers. Its fun catching up on life. They have been gone since Memorial Day, traveling through Colorado. The guys go outside to start a fire. Just as it gets going, the rain starts…heavy rain. This is when you really love the RV. We are dry and cozy inside.
Colorado RiverColorado RiverColorado River

California/Arizona state line
Henna has a shrimp recipe she wants to try. Her friend Nancy gave it to her when she was visiting this summer. I helped her with dinner as the guys watch the Boston/LA baseball game. (Larry has satellite). Henna needed fresh garlic which I have in our RV. Ken graciously puts on his yellow hooded slicker and runs to our RV to get the garlic. Henna served the pasta over pasta; we had fresh bread.

We finished watching the game (LA won in the 12thinning) and said goodnight. It was so cool; we didn’t even have our windows open.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb