North Pole Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We definitely had better roads to travel on today. Guess they put our tax dollars to work. It is so difficult to keep up the roads here because of the freezing and thawing. The ground can freeze up to 5 to 7 feet. I forgot to mention that yesterday was Canada Day, July 1. It has been 145 years since the founding of Canada. Kind of like our July 4. Also we are now 3 hours behind those in Illinois and 4 hours behind those in the Eastern Time Zone. The sun is supposed to rise tomorrow at 3:17 a.m. and set at 12:31 a.m. It really never gets completely dark. We are at North Pole Alaska which is about 10 miles from Fairbanks. Believe we will stay at this rv park about 2 weeks to see things in this area. We stopped in Delta Junction on the way here. It is the end of the Alaska Highway. Jim took some pictures of old equipment used to build the road. These were interesting to him and he thought others might like to see them too. He also took a picture of two giant mosquito sculptures. Some of the people here think the mosquitoes are that big! I do know that there are a lot of them. I thought the Alaska Highway ended in Fairbanks but learned it ended at Delta Junction at the end of 1,422 miles. Speaking of mileage, I believe we have travelled over 4,150 miles since we left Mt.Carmel almost 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I will be able to put the pictures on with this blog. The internet is very slow here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb