The Roadhouse


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Talkeetna
July 22nd 2013
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 62.3239, -150.109

We packed up, and headed south. Time to get back to Anchorage for our flight the next day. But we took our time. First we stopped at a Veterans Memorial. It was a lil shabby looking, so Chris rearranged all the wreaths again. =) I thought that was sweet of him. And then we had even more unobstructed views of Denali.

Now. If you ever find yourself travelling along Highway 3 in Alaska, stop at the Roadhouse in Talkeetna. It was given rave reviews by a coworker of mine. She wouldn't stop talking about it for months before our Alaska trip. So of course we stopped there. And damn, that food was good! Cinnamon rolls, reindeer sausage, mac n cheese and biscuits and gravy. We FEASTED. And I scrubbed my face with soap for the first time in days.

We walked the town afterwards, and stopped in an art gallery. We always buy ourselves an art piece when we travel now. This time, we became the proud parents of a moose painting. To commemorate seeing a moose finally. Really- this really was an achievement for us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb