Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Seward
June 9th 2014
Published: June 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

First full day at sea. No real issues other than a rather hot room - easily fixed by lowering the temperature control.

I noticed that there was a stretch class at 0700 so do the right thing and get up for that. Arrive early so do some bike work, then on to the rower for a warm up - need to wear off all that crispy bacon..... Miss the start of the stretch class and now no room so continue with some gym junkie stuff.....

After half hour have had enough so leave and wander the ship. Find all sorts of areas and the other food places. Interesting time and lack of people to do a reccie....

Back to the room and have a shower - good pressure but not much room, the cat is safe. Chris meets me as I come back so we dress and go to breakfast. Good choices, but same crispy bacon. One good one is the baked ham which is very edible.

Do an information session on the ports of call - funny as... There were 2 ladies on stage with a power point demonstration. Trouble was that one kept interrupting the other - could see the hackles raising.

Luckily we wanted to do a kitchen tour so had to leave early. Interesting to see where and how the food is prepared, etc.

Rest of day spent investigating the ship then up to the Crows Nest lounge with books for the rest of the arvo. Few drinks and then it's happy hour - next drink for just $1. Can't pass that up - interesting thing was they brought my 2nd corona with the first but with the cap on. When I am ready I take it back to the bar and swap for an open cold one with lime - why they just didn't keep it in the first instance got me......

Chris reads the eyelids for 2 hours and I get to chat with some ladies from Dallas Texas. They are actually chasing happy hour from bar to bar - danger warning - keep away...

Dinner tonight is formal, lucky is brought good pants, but guess what - no tie, no jacket no entry..... Hmm go back and get new windbreaker and I'm in, then I can take it off. Strange people sometimes. There were quite a few dressed to the nines - tux and bow ties, full on frocks - we just smiled and ate our dinner and drank a Tuscanny Cabernet Sangiovese. Very nice.

Last out again. Our tour group is getting a reputation.....

Decide to finish off the night with coffee (not for me) but can't find any places open that serve lattes, even go to other restaurant for an ordinary coffee/tea but water isn't hot enough. Bugger, down to the bar for a night cap corona for me and bubbles for Chris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.9kb