Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Glacier Bay
June 10th 2014
Published: June 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another day at sea. Can navigate around the ship better now. We are in glacier bay today - special part of the cruise. Must be - went back to the crows nest for our preferred seats but all taken early. Get a reasonable first tier seat and settle back to the sights.

Eventually get to the exciting parts where the glaciers are to be seen. All of a sudden seats become more and more - people have moved to the outer decks and the bow for better sights. When in Alaska do as the others do so down we go as well. Great viewing and eventually we find a quiet corner where we can view and not be climbed over....

Glacier behaves as expected and starts to calve. We have great viewing and get some good photos of the crash and bang of ice falling from the glacier into the ocean - cracks like a whip then bang into the water. Spectacular.....

Captain turns the ship around for other side to view, so everyone just swaps sides. Glacier not so well behaved this time but still majestic.

Enough and on our way out now. Rest of the day spent doing not much at all - hmmm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.7kb