Fairbanks & North Pole


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » North Pole
August 15th 2015
Published: August 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This will be rather short, just trying to catch up with Fairbanks before we pull out of here in the morning. We spent a total of four nights here and kept pretty busy. Today was our final day, as we started with an early morning cruise up and down the Chena River. The tour was called The Discovery Tour, and it combined time on both the boat and on land. We saw a little bit of many things, including the take off and landing of a small sea plane, a stop by another husky training camp (Susan Butcher's). She was a 4 time winner of the Iditarod, and a presentation on the native culture from this area.

Once done with the tour, we headed over to the North Pole. Yes, we saw Santa. He seemed to be very interested in talking Wisconsin football and basketball with Jim. We had our pictures taken with Santa and remembered to tell him how good our grandkids have been this year. Sure hope it works for them!

Our tour group had another dinner out tonight. We have had prime rib two times this week .... we both are planning to start diets as soon as we get home. We head for Tok in the morning ... right after another group breakfast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Happy HolidaysHappy Holidays
Happy Holidays

All of the outside walls were done in tiles, with holiday pictures.


Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb