Juneau


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Juneau
September 11th 2008
Published: September 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Juneau


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: pants the wrong way around 11 secs
2: instructions 30 secs
3: instructions by logan 20 secs
4: getting in 62 secs
5: alison paddling 53 secs
6: being toed in to land lol 31 secs
Thursday morning we woke up very early again as the ship made its way into the Juneau Harbourgh. We had breakfast of Belgian Waffles with Strawberry and Heather had chocolate.

We took a few pictures from the outside deck, but it was raining.

This morning we are Kayaking in to the Mendenhall Glacier bay.

We dressed very warm and made our way to the pier. As we were a little early we went to buy ticket for the tram that goes up Mount Roberts. We had a little walk in shops to see what was on offer.

We then joined the excusrion, and took a little bus 20 minutes outside Juneau. When we got there I needed the toilet. It was an outside toilet, with just a hole in it. (Yuk!). It was bucked with loads of stuff in it...you can imagine.

We were then given woolies and wet suites. Heather managed to put hers the wrong way around."there were no instruction".

We looked very silly LOL.

Before going into the Kayak, we were given instructions on how to hold the paddle and get into the Kayak.

We set off into the lake, Heather was at the front, I was at the back, doing the steering and paddling. Heather got tired after a few minutes paddling, so I paddle must of the way. She did take loads of pictures though!?!

We kept trying to keep up with the group but it was very hard paddling alone for a 2 seater kayak!!. We saw some bold eagles and birds, passed in front of the Mendenhall Glacier.

At that point a lot of seals kept popping their heads up.

It was sooooo cute!!!. We then had to make our way back. As Heather wasn't paddling!!!, We got towed back most of the way towards the shore LOL. By that time it was raining very hard. We received a badge and handed our wet suites back.

A bus took us back into Juneau. By then we were starving so we went into a restaurant called the Twisted Fish.

I had a salmon 'puff pastry', and Heather had grilled Salmon.

Alaskan Salmon is Geourgous, it was delicious!!!

For dessert we had Brownies and Cream with Walnut. It was vanilla ice cream, warm brownies with chocolate melting in the middle!!! and cream. OMG!!!!

After lunch we took the Tram up to Mount Roberts. It was still raining. The ride was about 6 minutes to go up. From there we had a partial view of Juneau. The clouds were very low and stuck onto the mountains. We took pictures of the views.

There was also a bold eagle in captivity, who was shot in the beack. The weather was very cold and humide. We went back down into Juneau, where we did some shopping before boarding the ship again.

We took a warm shower, and made out way to the bar for a cocktail.

We were sat in front of the the gangway into the Rendez-Vous bar.

This is where we realised everyone down that gangway was walking from side to side!! We laughed for about an hour taking footage of people walking in zigzag!!.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb