Homer


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
July 22nd 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mary, Tim, and Madeline met us at Aunt Jean's so we could all go to Homer together. Nancy rode with Mary and Betty (their dog), and Tim and Madeline rode with Rich and Daisy. It was about a six hour drive. We stopped in Soldotna (Hi, Sheila) for lunch and to shop for groceries. Madeline rode with the ladies the rest of the way. Of course, we all solved the problems of the world along the way. There were low clouds and rain, but it was still a beautiful drive through green mountains, past calm lakes, and along the ocean. We could barely see across Cook Inlet to see the volcanoes. Just a peek, not well enough to see steam. We drove around a corner and there in all its glory was Homer, a sparkling town of over 5000 on Katchemak Bay with snow covered mountains and glaciers on the far side. Pointing across the bay, was Homer Spit, a long, thin sandspit with camping, businesses, and marinas along it.
Mary was persistent enough to get us a camping spot on the spit right by the water! It was a gorgeous spot, even in the rain. We set up, ate dinner,
and convinced Mary that they would fit in our camper to sleep on the fold out sofa and the table/bed and that they didn't need to sleep in a tent in the rain! We were all comfy, dry, and warm. (Betty and Daisy, too.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.1kb