Homer Tour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
July 23rd 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

TimTimTim

It's a tough life.
Tim was up early working on the computer. Madeline, typical teenager, was sleepy-eyed. Mary was organizing breakfast. It was overcast, but not raining. We drove out to see their house and their property. Lovely place with an unbelievable view. Flowers, vegetable garden, lawn to die for. Mmmmm. Then we drove farther out and passed the famous spot where Mary ran off the road in the snow and Tim, the knight in shining jeep, came to the rescue. And the rest is history... They told us about a Russian speaking village out there, too that Mary subbed at. We ate lunch at a tasty place in town and went to their favorite bookstore. We bought tickets for a local playhouse production for this evening. We went out on the spit and saw "rafts" of sea otters, as many as twenty per raft. They hadn't seen so many sea otters this close to shore! We saw signs for Tsunami Evacuation and saw tall towers that were the warning clarions. Kind of scary. We looked around for eagles and saw several. but the only person who ws allowed to feed the eagles on the spit has died - the Eagle Lady. Now, the eagles have reverted back to more natural numbers. (Sorry, Carol.) Back at our camper, we walked Daisy and Betty on the beach. They're good buddies. They like to run and play together. When we dropped Daisy at Mary's last week, Daisy and Betty remembered each other right away and were happy. (Daisy remembered Mary and Madeline and Tim, too.)
After dinner we went to the play. It was called "Dead Man's Cell Phone". It was a hilarious story about a young woman who discovers that the person near her in a cafe has died when his cell phone keeps ringing. She answers it to stop the ringing and then she keeps it and keeps answering it, even though she never knew the man. It leads her into impossible situations that are a stitch. We enjoyed it and Tim, Mary, and Madeline got to see old friends.
A good time was had by all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mary on Her DeckMary on Her Deck
Mary on Her Deck

What a view!


22nd August 2010

Great picture of Dad and Madeline! ... and THAT'S their HOUSE???? Holy Crap!! That's it...I'm moving to Alaska.

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb