Homer to Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
July 26th 2013
Published: July 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We bid a fond farewell to Homer; we had ALL fallen in love with the place and its beautiful sea and bay proximity, sights, smells and sounds. Drove here (in two days) to the Golden Nugget RV Park, across the street from Costco, east of downtown Anchorage. Carolyn spent most of morning doing laundry! Then we headed to Palmer, about 40 miles from here, to visit the gallery of Alaskan artist Shane Lamb. His photography and painting of the the Denali area is so lovely and memorable that we bought a framed piece that we will hang in our home. (It won't be shipped until after we get home.) Ate lunch at a picnic table at the Palmer Farmer's Market before heading back here to camp ground. Pictures today are of Homer Spit from Skyline Drive above it; our drive from Homer back to Kenai and the Diamond M Ranch where we parked one night so we could collect our salmon (kept frozen for us since we caught it) and get it to a shipper (waaaaaaay out in the country at a place where we had to pack and address it ourselves; quite an experience); then our drive on to here in Anchorage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th July 2013

Love the Pics
Hi Dad and Carolyn, we returned from CA last Wed night and this is my first time checking your blog since. Love the photos and would love to taste the fish. Michael

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb