We love Homer!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
July 23rd 2013
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Homer is breathtaking. From our campsite, we look right out onto Kachemak Bay. That is, until a big rig pulls in next to us stealing our view for 24 hours or so. Then it is restored, until the next one. It is a quick climb down to the beach where you can walk forever during low tides. Which I have done several ties, and will do again today. The little church we went to Saturday evening has a big window in back of the altar, again, looking straight out into the bay. Joe and Ron went on a halibut charter yesterday; and each caught his limit of two nice big ones. Yeah! We had baked halibut for dinner last night (would have grilled, but the wind was a bit much). In the afternoon, after the boys came in, and while they were busy arranging for the processing of their fish, Cindy and I went to the Homer Day Spa for a real treat. Massages! A new experience for me to be so pampered. Homemade blueberry wine before the massage, and time to sit on the glider swing overlooking the water to relax (more) after the massage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



25th July 2013

Enjoying Alaska??
It looks like you are liking Alaska and aren't interested in "husband swapping"!!
28th July 2013

What kind of fish is Dad holding
what kind of fish did you catch in these pics? Looks heavy. Jealous in MO.

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb