Meandering along the Tenn-Tom


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
September 13th 2015
Published: September 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A perfect day on the water today. We had a very restful sleep last night, the sun was shining, the seas calm and the traffic light. Have I already made it to Paradise?

The scenery improved, not so much a man made waterway but a snaking original River. We only had two locks to transit with very little wait. We travelled 68 miles for a total of 1291 miles.

More populated now so some nice homes to look at, we even came upon a phone booth. The bird life is much the same but the Eagles are back. We are seeing some tropical foliage as our lattidude is much like South Carolina. We passed some of our previous anchorages but I am determined to choose new ones. Tonight we are near Alicebille Alabama at a place called Windham Landing Cut off. It promises to be peaceful and quiet. We got here early enough to relax, cook a nice chicken stew with dumplings. Listening to tunes and preserving our heat as the nights are cooler lately. The heat is supposed to return by mid week, so we are enjoying the reprieve.

I played tunes while I drove today and enjoyed that immensely. The Captain sat on the sun deck while I rocked at the helm, got to love that. Off early again in the morning, just following the bow where ever it takes us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb