Sweet home Alabama


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Mobile
July 3rd 2011
Published: July 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Set off quite early this morning but made sure we missed the work traffic. We had decided that it would break up the journey and allow us to visit another state if we drove down to Mobile in Alabama, in the good ole deep south!

After driving through the great countryside of Mississippi for a couple of hours we finally crossed the state line. The weather started to turn slightly and the plethora of churches became more apparent; seemed like every second house was a house of God! Quite eerie really! He's obviously managing better than his flock as the people seem very poor with a lot living in trailers.

In our wisdom we thought we should plow on to Florida, a distance of only fifty miles and cross off another state!

Then traffic happened, It took ages to reach Pensicola on the Gulf coast and park up. There was a fishing competition and the place had quite a carnival atmosphere. Tired and hungry, I had a hotdog then headed back to the hotel in Mobile and on to 'Hooters' for a beer then bed. Classy eh!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.4kb