Jacksonville to Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Birmingham
June 17th 2018
Published: June 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This entry covers our travel from Jacksonville Florida to the Great State of Texas. I have promised to my readers that we will share lessons learned along the journey as well as share interesting sites. The first photo was taken in Camping World where we had to deal with a generator that would not stay running. Electricity is a necessity for extreme telecommuting. Computers don't work very long without it. Non use of a generator will build up sludge. Thanks to Camping World we were up and running within a couple of hours. Of course girls have to shop so Sadie got a brand new raincoat. After all you can't get cold and wet on Denali. The second shot shows she travels well in her car seat.

The first stop was in Pinson AL with Hal and our niece Stacy Chaffins. They live in a community surrounding Emerald Lake. We had a delightful time with them and moved to GA for four years to be close to them prior to moving back to Jacksonville. We were welcomed to the lake by a large flock of geese. The lake was beautiful as well as the surrounding area. I loved telecommuting on their front porch swing and the weather was delightful. In an early trip we visited Noccalula Falls and spent a week with them at Cheaha State Park. Both are a must see if you are ever in the Birmingham area. It is a very short commute for our Atlanta friends.

Our next stop was in Vicksburg MS at the Rivertown Campground which is a great in and out place to stay just off of I-20 for Telecommuters driving down that corridor. We had a great visit and dinner with our son-in-law's parents James and Pat Rouch.

Finally, we reached my State of Birth. Texas. The first time I took Bonnie to that sacred soil I actually kissed the dirt. We had not been married long and it made her wonder if her husband had gone a little crazy. After 38 wonderful years of marriage I no longer kiss the dirt when I come to this special place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



17th June 2018

have fun
hope the generator is the only problem along the way. have a great time and keep the pictures coming. praying for you to have a safe and fun trip

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb