Pastoral Care Day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
October 28th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 19.0468, -98.2092

All day Friday was Pastoral Care Day. Zach Whaley, from AZ, a personal friend of Jonathan Edwards, shared with us on the topic of "Essential Counseling Skills". We have had Zach in our home in Guatemala on several occasions when he has flown down to help us with some crisis situations we were working with. We also attended this same workshop/seminar several years ago at the CAM office. So, the material is very good and it was a good review for us.

Basically, Zach teaches us how to ask the right questions, how to listen with our actions, eyes and body language, how important it is to communicate verbally and non-verbally. He demonstrated, and we practiced. It was not roll-play, but we dealt with real life situations that people are dealing with.

The morning was very good. After our lunch break and short siesta, we gathered again in the conference room. The material was very good, however, there is so much you can "drink out of the fire hydrant." We were tired and emotionally exhausted. Zach said he was slowing down in his counseling career, but didn't want to completely retire, so he is going to take the mountain-load of material
that he has shared over his life-time, and is going to "self-publish" in a book. It should be a very helpful and a good reminder tool.

After our last session, we had a group picture. Then we took a group picture for Moody, DTS and Ben Lippen alumni.

Glenn and I came in and watched the Chicago Cubs baseball team lose against the Cleveland Indians.

I slept pretty well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb