Ladies Luncheon w/ Other Camino Missionary Ladies


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
October 27th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 19.0468, -98.2092

Today, I stayed in the room, while Glenn had meetings in the Conference room.

At noon, the ladies gathered in the lobby and we headed out in the HUGE van (all 13 of us) towards Christina Grewatz' house. It was a long drive. It takes about 30 minutes to get to Puebla and another 15 minutes to navigate through the road blocks and traffic.

Christina had all the chairs set up in the small yard in front of her house. She lives in a gated community, probably about 10 streets by 10 streets. Each of the houses are different, and then they have their own individual gates into their own property. Each house is right next to the next house. I saw brightly colored orange houses next to a green house, next to a bright blue house. All were different and unique.

Christina had a table spread out with different Mexican dishes. Some were hot (spicy), others were not. Of course there were beans and rice.

After eating, each lady told "her story". I'm Judy, married to Glenn. We have 3 adult children with 3 grandchildren. Glenn was born in Mexico, with Wycliffe missionaries, so this is like coming home for him. We serve in Guatemala as Pastoral Care folks. We have lived in Guatemala for 10 years, prior to that, we served at the CAM office for 6 years, and prior to that we served in Bolivia South America for 15 years where Glenn was an aircraft mechanic which involved other stuff, which brings us into Pastoral Care - the best job for us, the best job in the world."

We returned back to the hotel later in the afternoon. There was a follow-up meeting after the dinner about how to use "zoom", which is like FaceTime or Skype. And Camino has an account with Zoom. They were just letting people understand more of how it works, how to sign in, etc.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb