The culture of Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What are popular forms of art in Mexico? How do artists express themselves here?

http://www.ehow.com/about_6682633_traditional-mexican-folk-art.html

http://www.mexicomapxl.com/society-and-culture/folk-art.html

Some popular forms of art in Mexico are masks, pottery, textiles, basketry, and paper arts. Each of the forms of art has it's own tradition, and way of expressing itself. Also, these forms of art are still developing today. Masks are mainly used during festivals or dances. The masks can either represent females, males, animals, or deities. The purpose of wearing these masks is to let out the spirits represented by them. Pottery is extremely popular because it's mainly use is for decorating a home or for everyday needs. Women make the pottery, and men usually decorate it creatively. Textile is one of the oldest form of art that is used for clothing. However, tribes still use textile for their clothing. Basketry is used to be decorative. It's made by hand, comes in different colors, and in different patterns that people desire. In occasions, some patterns can significate something. Lastly, paper arts is used for paper decoration. Paper art is used for holidays and festivals. It's main use is for el dia de los muertos, the day of the dead.

All these type of art in Mexico have been passed down from generation to generation. Moreover, you can find these forms of art in any part of Mexico. Although, there has been new and improved forms of art. However, people never get tired of it because they want to keep the tradition ongoing. Also, these form of arts have been hand made, so it's something meaningful to the people. Each form of art has its own type of diversity. When you look at the forms of art you'll want to be the owner of it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb