Playa de Carmen


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
February 21st 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got in at 8am. directions on the website did not match because I went to the other terminal. able to check in right away at the Happy Gecko. took a nice hot shower. had my other Oaxaca cheese sandwich. washed all my stinky clothes. went to the beach. nice weather. laid out and fell asleep for a bit. walked to Walmart!! haha. bought rice and beans for the rest of the trip. dropped stuff off and walked on 5th ave. found another beach. started to rain, so just walked all of 5th ave. found another beach, this one was crowded with locals. i totally stuck out from everyone else because I was the only one wearing a bikini. didn't feel comfortable sticking out like that. so put my clothes back on and walked all over town. went back to Walmart. bought bread, tomato, and some meat. went back to the hostel. made some dinner. not so bad. need to improve on my rice making skills. chilled out for a bit with Charmaine because I ran into her again at the hostel. Playa de Carmen = very touristy and a good place to come with a group of friends, not so much for backpacking. the place is touristy, busy and expensive. too many people all over the place and doesn't have too much of a Mexican feel to it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb