Day 1 & 2 Mexico City


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
November 15th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well after a very long journey and packing all through the night I've finally arrived! Scared and excited at the same time!

So far the trip is going great. I was very lucky on my first day as my room mate Laura and some of the other group, Becky and Emily, arrived early and we spent the day together. It's great to meet some other people travelling solo. We went for a stroll along Plaza de Reforma, went to the park and ate at the markets (for 1.50!) and went to the Antropology Museum. It was a really nice day and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice Mexico City is.
In the evening we met the group of 16 people that we will be travelling around with. The group are a mix of New Zealand and Australian with one British girl and a German guy - no Irish for a change! Did meet a guy from Cork yesterday though wandering around Mexico - you can't go anywhere!

Myself and the girls went out for dinner in a great Taco place after the meeting and had gorgeous Taco's in the 'Zona Rosa' of the city. We had a great laugh especially when these local guys asked to buy us drinks via a note through the waitress, which was hilarious and also pretty unusual in the gay area of the city! We graciously declined the offer!

For the second day we went down to these markets outside the city in the morning. Mexico is a cool city - so much to see and do. Didn't feel unsafe at all which was a surprise. Just did alot of walking around exploring and trying out loads of the food in the markets. We joined the group for the afternoon and went to Teotihuacan, the pyramid outside the city. We climbed to the top which was a bit of a struggle at this altitude - had memories of the Inca Trail. We watched the sunset from the top which was beautiful. We had a bit of trouble getting a bus back - no transport is booked on this trip so it can be an interesting feat getting around! Finally got back and went straight to bed - the madness of the last few weeks has taken its toll!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb