Day 3 & 4 - Peubla


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Puebla » Puebla City
November 17th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We moved on from Mexico to a town called Puebla 2 hours from Mexico. Weather is much nicer here as its lower altitude. For the first day we just wandered around the city. Its absolutely beautiful and the atmosphere is great because its a national holiday today. It really reminds me of Arequipa in Peru as there is a big square with loads of restaurants and fabulous buildings. Loads of little markets to explore too, but unfortunately can't buy anything as my rucksack is jammers - I need to dump some stuff! Definitely going to do a clear out when I get to Peru!

That night we went to a really local Mexican bar that we found when wandering the streets. We were the only 'Gringos' in the bar which was great and the beer was really cheap! We had a great time playing drinking games, most notably Fuzzy Duck which poor Oliver who's German had an awfully hard time with! Laura got pulled up to dance with this old Mexican guy which was pretty funny! We attempted to find a club after that but after one disastrous spot where we ended up surrounded by a load of people 3 times our age ballroom dancing we decided to call it a night.

One the second day we went to a place outside the town called Chalula. Because its the week of the Mexican Revolution we're coming across loads of performances and today there was a reinactment in the square by the school kids. We went to see a load of the surrounding villages and saw lots of different styles of churches. One was up on a hill overlooking a volcano which is still active and has smoke still coming out the top. I had thought we were going to climb it but we actually don't do that until Guatemala.

We also went to visit a ceramic factory en route back to the town at which point we had a lazy afternoon having coffee's in the square. Again, am still pretty tired so had an early night to prepare myself for the early start of 6am in the morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb