Day 5, 6 & 7 - Oaxaca


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca » Monte Albon
November 19th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Got the bus to Oaxaca (pronounced O-ha-ca) early in the morning. Bus journey was alright as had a good chat with Laura and tried to learn Spanish. Finding it pretty difficult! The hotel was gorgeous with plants and birds everywhere and one particularly noisy parrot! We went into the town and wandered around. Again lots of markets to look and and so much activities going on in the town. To be cultured myself and Laura went to visit a few more churches! after which we treated ourselves to some beers on the terrace with the others in the hotel. We went into town and had dinner on the streets which watching a Mexican band play and the locals dancing. Its amazing how much they all love dancing here!

We got up early and got on a bus to Hierve de Agua which are these natural pools up in the mountains. The views from there are absolutely fabulous! We went on what our guide Juan Carlos called a 'walk' to see a limestone waterfall which ended with us climbing up rocks on our hands and knees! Was worth it though as it was pretty impressive. We dived into the pools after that which were absolutely freezing! Refreshing after the walk though.

Started to feel pretty ill after that but soldiered onto the Mezcal (like vodka) museum, which certainly wouldn't encourage you to drink it seeing how it was made! After lunch we went to a carpet making factory where we saw how they made the colours from plants and bugs which was really interesting. Unfortunately I was really struggling at this stage and went back to the bus to lie down. Despite having my head out the window all the way home I had to call for an emergency stop! No idea what caused - probably dodgy food in the market last night. Crawled straight into bed and left the others to go out on the town. Heard it was a pretty wild night with a few of them ended up being out til 5am! Probably better off for my liver to have missed it!

Took it easy the following day just chilling out and resting. Getting on the night bus tonight so fingers crossed I have no further emergency stop moments!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb