We're all just animals after all


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
July 20th 2005
Published: July 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hola to you all..,thanks again for the feedback, don't worry if its only trivia, I love to hear about the shitty weather and the boring office...no, seriously, always good just to know someones out there, like a DJ on the graveyard shift, you've gotta have someone acknowledge your existence every now and again..
..so....it was good to get back on the bike after a coupla days in Acapulco.....and after the fantastic help from our friends at Motomar changing the tyres and oil, that was such a cool break, unbelievable, We were given T-shirts and key ring bizzos, I gave the boss my gold kangaroo pin and an AUS sticker..we'll be passing on his address to any bikes we see on the road for sure.....
So, sayonara Acapulco......I just can't get too excited over the big city thing and its all a bit crass and commercial......v goldcoastish...however its sorta pretty and if you took away all the high risers and the slum tenaments that house all the paysanos who support the network, and all the touristas, except moi of course, and get rid of the dumps of garbage...hey this would be nearly paradisical..so its not all bad, and the food is good and the beer is cold....not a huge lot of good looking chicas...mostly the real hotties are probably only 15 or so, after that its kids and gravity aided by Maccas and there you go!...and most of the hotties are pretty closely followed by Mum and Dad...he gently tapping the baseball bat against his open palm and sort of gritting a smile...well, metephorically speaking...the real trouble is that when you see a really nice girl walking down the street, you see no parents in sight, get a smile lined up...but then there they are...just a few paces behind so you wereñ't sure if they were together...but I digress...so whats new? ..it takes half an hour to find where the ' key or the ? key is locted..and this particular system in the front of one of the shmicker hotels in Puerto Escondido, just a few doors down from our humble bunker, and its pretty sweaty, in fact its not pretty at all...and talking of which by the time we got in here yesterdayt we were pretty rank...jesus wept (sorry Benno) but all the gear is taking on a level of toxicity that makes the last episode pale...and it was a fairly straightforward cruise, bits of curvery, big mobs of fcuking topes and rampas...what they call 'sleeping policemen' in Indo..or did I mention that?....it ended up a 450 km day which surprised us a bit after a hard night in the strip club...oops ..the night before...hey, it was research...you know, like buying Playboy to read the articles..anyway, that episode is for the sealed section!...but don{t lose sleep young ones, it weren't that flash!..are they ever?..
And a bit stiff in the back and bum this morning after the ride yesterday, bit surprising as I should be getting road-hardened by now...so might have to chase up a massage there seem to be plenty of signs up here...not sure if they include the happy ending in the famous indonesian style...we'll just have to see...I guess there are plenty here to soothe the battered surfers..its apparently a BIG wave here, v powerful and all that, so many broken boards (and dreams) of young guns who come here and get surprised...that was leading somewhere but no mind.
So, animals....if the big eagle wasn't the Mexicana emblem it would have to be the omnipresent pelican...altho' a dirty grey rather than the pritine Oz white ones htese fantastic creatures are all down the coast...cruising around the little bays, banking and then plunging into the shallows...and either there are lots and lots of them or they're bad catchers because they're at it all day...I kid you not, then they have to flap out of the water...just how do they do that?..mr attenborough?..they sometimes dive in from quite a height and into only a few inches of water...splammo...you wait to see the sideways beak as it pulls its neck out of the sand but no, alls well...they don't have the flexibility of the frigate gulls ..they change course in the middle of a dive, twisting, adjusting wing angle, cutting back, tracking some little whitebait..then in they go, much more streamlined....but the old, lumbering pelican just picks a fish and everythings locked in, straight down, hardly graceful and looking evermore ungainly, sort of prehistoric , teradactylish...but later, along the beach with huge swells rolling in there'll be a line of them just sailing under the very tip of the breaker as it feathers along the top, with barely a movement they follow the wave just keeping ahead of where it crashes down, there seems to be an updraught up the face of the wave and they push the envelope with wing tips that must brush ever so lightly the fine spray off the top...just escaping the gigantic crashing behind them....and not even acknowledging their feat...haha nearly said feet!...hey its about a million degrees in this sweat house alright?.....then they lift over and swoop into the next trough, and up the face...its so cool to watch...higher up they travel in groups and change formation like the Roulettes...dunno why, but they'll be all in a line, then they go to big V , then diamond pattern...have they been watching re-runs of Blue Angels or vice versa?
Then there are a squillion other birds, little black birds like smaller versions of wattle birds, hopping around always with their beaks open ? and a bright little chirp...
Vultures, eagles, I think we've been there..at the end of a road along the beach at some deserted playa we turned off to visit, we followed the dirt road along the beach front, throuh palm plantations with a crude concrete aqueduct that ran for a k or 2 then sort of stopped...at the end of the road, at the lagoon, just past the turtle research place...(the word is that some of the turtle research is similar to the Japanese whale research...they're just trying to find if turtles taste like whales!...hey, I myself believe them all to be legit..) anyway, at the end of the road was a little palapa and some fisherpeoples shacks..and all these farm birds, chooks, ducks, geese, bantams, a couple of each, like a avian ark load...thats where the pic of the kid checking my bike...you have to look close to see the kid.....
So, the also omnipresent donkeys or asses or whatever..lots and lots of these puppies, hard at work, out in the back blocks all over the countryside and in the towns...Mexico runs on burrrros...and they are soo cute, well some of them, like people I guess...wonder if they make the same comments about us?..I think their only criteria for judging humans would be to do with work load and food..however, some of them have real character and very pretty..the further south we get the better looking they get...or is the lonliness of the road...whoa......no, don't worrry, I'm not going over to the dark side, leave bestiality to the bestials I reckon, but you can admire a good looking donkey, surely, maybe I'd better move on....
So theres pigs and horses and cows yadda yadda...
Now its approaching 'border day'...shit, should have got those photocopies done...funny how we approached Mexico, Tijuana with some trep only 3 weeks ago...subsequent culture shock, language, endless queues, bizarre protocols, uncomprehending officials, hot and sweaty, dodgey paperwork, stories (from normally paranoid americanas) about banditos, crooked cops, rip-off artists etc etc....now we are feeling pretty comfortable in Mexico, enough español to get by, been thru several policia/militario check points...like a coupla times on each leg there will be a check point but the only times they've wanted to actually look in the boxes its been more curiosity than searching, and with a bit of conversation, and when they realise we're from Oz and where we are going they have been terrrific....but now we are only a couple of days from the border...and the old border-crossing nerves are cutting in..no, its not that bad, just like a difficult, time-consuming chore that has to be faced....and it will cost!!

OK, must be time for you all to get to work, turn n the computer and say oh no more of this drivel...can't he edit it down a bit,...sorrry, its all I can do...and I'm going off to sit on the beach and suck on a cold lassie...no you scottish bastard ..a yoghurt drink...hasta



Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 99; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb