21st Dec


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán
December 21st 2008
Published: December 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday mum!!!

As we'd already got breakfast we went to join the group with just drinks! Did the typical my name is, I'm from, I do, why I'm here introductions and the Michael talked (and talked!) about the trip. He has a friend joining the trip as he was meant to be traveling with her and not doing this tour so he asked if we minded her joining us. In fairness I don't really but is annoying that the tour guide could increase the group size but Aims wasn't allowed on the 2nd half of the tour. Do wonder if she has to pay local payment....
Walked to the bus station, thankfully close and caught the bus to Playa del Carmen. It was only an hour to get there. Got taxis to the hotel which has only been open a week. It's lovely, gorgeous but no hot water...
Aims, Heather, Amy and I went down to the beach and chilled, swam and dried off! Wandered back up to the hotel via a banana split! :-) to get ready for dinner.
We all went out as a group, sharing 3 tables between us. We had Amy, Heather and Chester on ours. Ate on 5th st. The food was better than the previous night but as this place is rather toursity it is pricey and full of americans. Wouldn't come back here in a hurry. Good beach holiday place but... Bit like ibiza for us.
Aims, Cheser, Claudia, Louis, Laura and I wandered back up to 5th to have a few beers. Trying not to crash early so can sleep past 6!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb