20th Dec


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán
December 20th 2008
Published: December 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Slept through breakfast sadly thanks to the lovely room mates we had that got in a god knows what time... and three of them not 2... Went out and got croissants that were good. The guy at reception pointed out that there was a Walmart (!) nearby so Aims and I wandered to that to try and get some memory sticks. Sadly no joy. They only had the adaptors that got stuck in the camera... So bought a new camera - no point being here with no photos!
After we packed up, said out goodbyes to the guys we'd met at the hostel, including one girl from Chelsford that was doing the GAP tour the week after us! Got a taxi to the meeting hostel as not to get lost with heavy bags! The hotel was nice, big and we were out the back. Did wonder where we were being lead! Rooms were good, dumped our stuff and then headed down to the Zona Hotelera on the R1 bus we successfully managed to stop and jump on. There doesn't seem to be stops so you need to stand near a pedestrian crossing and then jump up and down when you see the right bus!! We got off at the Flemengo Plaza and walked through the ME hotel to the beach. It was amazing, beds by the pools, pool bar, pool looking over the sea, a huge lobby. Very impressive.
Chilled on the beach for a bit before grabbing a coke in the empty, dead, rather eeirie plaza!
At 7 went downstairs to meet the group. Michael is the tour leader, Amy, heather, Ian and Vivanne, Claudia, Vicky and Carol, Chester, Louis and Lara, Michelle and Inrad and Carol are on the tour.
Michael had just celebrated his 27th birthday and was knackeres so recommended a street to go and eat. Most of the group went, got a free cocktail but the food was nothing special. Note to self - stuffed peppers are stuffed chillis - very hot! So didn't eat much of that!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb