Cat Sex and Discos


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Merida
February 12th 2011
Published: February 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last night here turned out to be a few hours in the outer circles of hell. Around 10:30 pm the disco started up, and continued churning out music til 4:00 am. A low point for me was a very loud "Smoke on the Water" around 3:00 am. As soon as the music stopped, the locsl cats decided to reproduce on the roof of our patio, which is translucent, giving a glimpse of cat porn before they ran off screeching still.

Once the cats were gone, a persistent mosquito buzzed us until we fell asleep for a few hours, only to be woken by the enormous (and I am not exaggerating here) South African couple who sit by the pool and smoke....

The overnight bus is now sounding pleasant in contrast.

We visited both the Archaeological Museum and the Folk Art Museum today. Each is housed in a restored colonial mansion.

For those of you who are jealous of our time in the warm sun, just know that it has rained for two days and is cold enough to need a sweater! Hopefully, better weather is on the way.

Tonight we dined one last time with our friends, and are off to the bus station soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Archaeology MuseumArchaeology Museum
Archaeology Museum

Chaac Mool.....rain god? Notice the chandeliers contrasting with the Mayan art...
Goodbye dinnerGoodbye dinner
Goodbye dinner

Hope we can all meet again.....Sally is off toTunisia, Phil stays on in Merida, Carol and Martin leave soon for Campeche...


13th February 2011

Whew, shocking!
I just got back from 9 days in Hawaii. Lof of 68 and high of 78 degrees. It was sunny and beautiful. One dramatic storm blew in at night and out by morning leaving little bits of this and that to find on the beach. Coral, rocks and beach glass! We'll miss you at the Docent Valentines party tomorrow. Deryl is busy getting set up and Linda has had a pro in to clean her bath tub (?) and house. Of course, none of this can compete with cat porn and disco music! Yikes.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb