happy thanksgiving!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
October 9th 2006
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well i can't really remember what ive been up to all week but i will try my best.
tuesday night me and heather taught another english class. it was the funnest one yet. we have realized that they realisitically they aren't gonna learn much due to the fact that are about 10 years old and me and heather have no idea what were doing...so basically we decided to be retards and make it really funny. we were dancing and teaching them the "head and shoulders knees and toes" song and doing random things like that. it was really fun. and heather drew a really really ugly picture on the board of a girl so we could teach them body parts and she put curly hair on it and the supervisor lady was like sarah thats you...i was like OUCH. and then i was being the model and heather was pointing at my arm and askin them how to say it and the funniest little boy named renee who is awesome was like CARNE which means meat....so basically he called me fat but it was funny as hell. anyways, then we taught them words like whatsup and bling bling again and it was fun. we took some pictures that i will post sometime this week from heathers laptop.
after english me and heather went to carlos' for sushi. he taught us how to make california rolls and they were glorious. watch out because i am going to be bustin those out like nothing back in calgary because they are so damn good. they helped me with my spanish afterwards because i had my 2nd midterm on wednesday which i got 86 on by the way. i was pretty pumped. anyways, i need to focus
wednesday after my test i went home with jason and danielle to study for our hotel and tourism class but really we ended up just watching random videos and not doing anything. then i headed home and actually studied...good times.
thursday i had my last test of the week and then bongos which was ridiculously hard. he was pulling out these intense crazy rythyms and i was like WHAT but we eventually got it so it was all good. i've still been trying to find some to buy but ive yet to find a good deal. then i headed to the old town beach for a while and read my book. it was a good time.
thursday night we headed to jungle juice for ladies night and i definately took advntage of the last half hour of it. me and heather were getting so many free drinks for carlos and jason they were not impressed. we danced like mofos at jungle juice cause they have live bands and my bongo teacher was in the band so it was cool. afterwards a bunch of us headed to Bora Bora and it was SO FUN. i ended up dancing with these random, rather large, spanish girls from tijuana. i started partying boying one of them and she loved me and would not stop dancing with me it was so fun. carlos ended up having danceoff with some random guy on top of bar stools which was pretty funny and natalia ended up in the little chair thing that lifts you up and swings you around the dance floor. it was a pretty crazy night and i definately did not feel so hot waking up for spanish class at 8 am on friday....but i made it.
friday after class i took the bus to the golden zome where i met up with claudia. we went apartment shopping for november and december. we found the most beautiful apartment right on the water and with a pool and it was so damn cool. the lady was speaking spanish the whole time and we thought it was 1750 pesos and were so excited cause it was awesome. so we looked around some more and then went back, only to discover it was 1750 dollars. we are idiots. and it was relaly depressing. so we kept looking and found a place at the Raquet Club which is where jason lives so thats pretty sweet. its got 2 bedrooms both with air conditioning and a kitchen and bathroom and living room. not really that nice or fancy but its only 600 for 2 people so its cheap, and the pool is right outside our door and the beach is only 3 blocks away. its great and claudia leaves at the end of november so there will be enough beds for everyone when you guys come to visit.
after apartment shopping i headed home to shower because it was so damn hot. a waiter actually ran out of a restarurant to give me and claudia napkins to wipe our sweat off. it was gross. that night me and cam and jason carlos heather went to emmys house for the centurion challenge......where you do one shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes. i only made it to 35 and then i stood up and almost fell over so decided that was far enough. only 3 people actually finished. by the end there were people drunk and wearing beer boxes on there head and it was so funny. then we all went to sumbawa and danced the night away.
saturday i slept really late and wasn't feeling that well. me and heather went out for lunch at the plaza machado and then went to centro to find a new cord for my laptop. the first place we went to the guy was like oh i have something that will work but its a little big....i was like whatever i'll try it. so he goes and gets it and its like a 1960s massive battery that he was struggling to lift. it was so funny. i was like....no gracias senor. then the next place had a universal cord and i was pumped it was working and i hugged the mexican lady like it was my job. then we came back home and suddenly carlos jason andrew and gert showed up outside our door each on an ATV wearing the funniest little bowl helmets ive even seen. they rented ATVs for an hour so me and heather hopped on and we cruised around mazatlan. it was really fun. then me and jason and gert took ours back but andrew and carlos and heather dissapeared. heather called me and was like.....ya we got stopped by the police so we might be a while. they ended up having to bribe the cop with 200 pesos because gert ran a red light which is bullshit but whatever thats how the cops roll here....can you say corruption? anyways, they finally made it back and the ATV guys made them pay more for being late and lets just say caarlos wasn't a ahppy camper. then we went and got ready and headed to sr. frogs for carlos' sisters bday. me and danielle were disgusted with the ripoff prices of frogs so we hitched a ride in the back of a pickup to the corner store and bought a six pack of corona (they have them in cans now here which is odd
) and shotgunned them on the beach. it was danielles 1st shotgun experience so i had to teach here and we definatley documeneted it on video and its hilarious. there were all these couples making out on the beach and they all left because we ruined the moment and it was great. then headed back to frgos and then to bora bora. it wasn't that great so i just ended up catching a pulmonia home and i got to practice my spanish with the driver the whole way. it was fun.
right now i'm at jasons right now. hes a little sick from drinking beer wine margaritas and daiquiris all in one night.....what a retard.....in a bit we are heading to lance and lauras house for thanksgiving dinner. they bought 2 chickens because apparently they don't have turkeys here which is random. but ya me an djasonn gotta bring dessert so were gonna go buy a cake from panama cause they are so damn good. hopefully it tastes as good as what my fmaily is eating right now but i'm sure it won't.
take care all
sarah

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb