oh where oh where has my catamaran gone


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
August 19th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hola.
i can't remember what my last blog was about o hopefully this isn't repetitive. anyways, thursday night we all went to a pub like place called jungle juice. there was an open bar for the girls from 8-10 which i really didn't believe actually existed, but to my surprise, there wasn't even a catch. there was no cover and the drinks weren't watered down. it was almostto good to be true....bt it was true. so we all definately took advantage of that and then headed over to another place called latitude where you buy one martini for 60 pesos or about 6 bucks and then they just keep refilling your glass. also a super good deal, but only for the girls again. anyways, it was a long night and a very long friday morning when i had to take the bus....which is not the smoothest ride.....for an hour to class at 9am. i have learned my lesson.
last night was the back to school party for the university at a club called sumbawa. it was really fun and again there was an open bar from 9-11. it was really fun and a good chance to meet some mexican students seeing as most of the exchange students only seem to know each other. its good for me because almost all of the mexican students can speak english so i was able to understand them and most of them were trying to teach me to speak spanish and roll my rrrr's, which i still can't do.
i went down to the bank this morning to pay for my studnet visa but apparently you can only do that from mon-fri so it was a waste a time. i did stop at the cathedral again though which is really beautiful. i need to take some pictures because the inside is so nice i canpt even explain. then i stopped at the big clothing store here called fabricas de francias. there is so many cool things but its a little too pricy for me. apparently they have a huge sale even september until 2am and its nuts and crazy cheap. i'm gonna have to go back for that.
this afternoon i think me and heather are going to head to the golden zone and try to find a catamaran ride. if you walk down the beach in the golden zone you can usually find parasailing, boogie boarding, catamaran riding, and hair braiding within about 2 minutes. the old mazatlan beach is quite small and i like it a lot better becaus there is no one trying to sell you cheap sunglasses or whatever every 2 seconds.
tomorrow i might be taking a surf lesson in the morning, i'm not sure yet. we need to find the guy on the beach today and arrange it so hopefully it works out....if not theres always next weekend.
i''ve got a lot of homework to do this weekend and it sucks. its weird because the classes are so small and there is stuff to do for every day. you have to hand in articles and summaries and its really strange because i''m used to UofC where you go to class, try to pay attemtion, and then go home and read a few pages....sometimes....and thats it...just a midterm and a final. the homework isn''t really hard its just homework so it sucks no matter what. most of it is group work too but it should be ok because the teachers seem to be pretty easygoing.
well, i guess thats all for now. hopefully i can hit up a catamaran and some surfing lessons this weekend so i''ll have some good stories fro monday.
take care everyone.
sarah

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb