Tulum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
May 21st 2014
Published: May 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

The ADO bus from Vallalodid arrived at 2:55pm. The bus terminal is on the main highway between Jupiter Norte and Alfa Norte in Tulum town. There are free maps available in the bus station.



Where We Stayed

Hotel Maya - on the main highway a couple of blocks south of the ADO bus station. M$300 for a dark double room with bathroom and internet in the room. We walked around Tulum town for a long time trying to find somewhere to stay and this was the cheapest we could find.



What We Did

Went to the beach - we have more time than money so decided to walk to the beach. It took about 1 1/4hours. We walked down the beach road and at the end you reach a fork. We went right first and walked for a bit past lots of hotels but there was no access to the beach. We went through a hotel/restaurant called Zamas to the beach but there was not much beach, it was surrounded by rocks. We then walked back up the way we had come and went through a beach club just before the fork. The beach here was a lot bigger and you could lie on the sand for free. We stayed there a bit and then decided to try the other side of the fork towards the ruins. This way there was a public entrance to the beach and it was a lot bigger and longer. I would definitely recommend going left at the fork to get beach access.

Visited the ruins - after spending some time on the beach we walked to the ruins. It cost M$59 for admission. The site is small and so are the ruins and it was really busy however the cliff top setting is nice. We then walked back to town from there.



Where We Ate

All the restaurants in town were really expensive. We just used the supermarket on avenida Coba and the corner of the main highway.

The Extra minimart next to the bus station was cheaper for water than the Oxxo convenience stores.



Where We Went Next

We caught a collectivo to Paya Del Carmen. Over the road from the Hotel was a stop with parked collectivos. It left at 10:50am when it had only 4 people in it and just picked up others along the way. It cost M$40 and arrived in Playa Del Carmen at 11:55am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb