Playa Del Carmen


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

The collectivo from Tulum arrived at 11:55 on calle 2 and avenue 20 in the middle of town.



Where We Stayed

Hostal Colores Mexico - Avenue 15 and calle 2. M$300 for a double room with bathroom and TV. Internet in common areas, share kitchen and share balcony.

Posada Del Carmen - Avenue 45 and calle 50. M$1500 for a week. Double room with bathroom, TV, aircon and internet. Share kitchen but the owner was quite fussy about what bit of fridge space we could use. A bit out of the way but did a cheaper weekly rate. Still within walking distance to shops and the beach.



What We Did

Went to the beach and walked 5th avenue.

Visited the Sunday market on calle 54 between avenue 10 and 30. A mix of goods and clothes available.



Where We Ate

There are 3 supermarkets in a row on Avenue 30 between calle 10 and Avenue Constiuyentes. There is another supermarket on Avenue 30 near calle 34 which was closer to the second place we stayed.



Where We Went Next

We were staying close to the highway so we walked there and caught a bus within a few minutes. It cost M$34 and took just over an hour. It dropped us by the ADO station in Cancun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb