Amazing Tulum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
March 23rd 2014
Published: March 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hola!

It is much easier to ask how to get somewhere if you pronounce it correct. Saying Tul um instead of Too lum got us some weird looks. We eventually realised we just had to walk around the block from our place where all the collectivos hang out. They are kinda like mini van taxis that when they have enough people will head off to where you want to go stopping to let you off whenever you wanted. They then cut each other off on the hwy to pick up more people and therefore more money. We landed in the back of one which unfortunately was really hot and not full of tourist which would have meant an express to Tulum. Instead we seemed to stop every 5 kms as someone got out and someone new got in.

We finally arrived in Tulum and was dropped at the end of the ruins road. Was a bit of s hike down and was full of people. Was surprised that the entry was only $6 but a guided tour was $60. We decided to do our own tour but still found out plenty listening in when it was an English group. The ruins are pretty cool set amongst trees and green grass and on beach cliffs. The water is an amazing colour. Throughout the grounds there are heaps of iguanas, I have about 100 iguana photos until Daz said no more. It was so hot we couldnt wait to hit the beach after walking round the whole site. The water was so blue and refreshing. We found a place on the beach with a better beer bucket bargain than in Playa, six beers and nachos for $18 and they had swings at the bar. Would loved to have stayed here for a night as you could camp right on the beach but we had to head back to Playa. Was a great day. Ignore sentance below, it belonged in the middle but I cant get rid of it. Off to Valladolid next.



We did not prepare well for the day so we had no breakfast and bought no water. It was so humid I was sweating buckets, was very happy to find a guy selling cold water.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb